China’s thriving social networks, from @fastcompany
Check out April Rabkin’s look into China’s thriving social networks, which just got mentioned over at Longform.
As with Facebook, the membership rolls are astounding and growing rapidly. In a 1.3 billion-strong nation where less than a third of the populace is online, Renren claims about 165 million users. A slogan on a chalkboard in an employee lounge at its HQ claims, “Every day the number of people joining Renren.com would fill 230 Tiananmen Squares.” Kaixin001 says it has 95 million users.
- ttrialanderror likes this
- postmodernista reblogged this from computereze
- yanglindayang likes this
- ainsleyshea reblogged this from fastcompany
- berenicering reblogged this from fastcompany
- randommerde reblogged this from shoutsandmumbles and added:
- idroolinmysleep likes this
- shoutsandmumbles reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- computereze reblogged this from fastcompany
- fastcompany posted this